Welcome to the Counseling Center at Diablo Valley College.
Location: SSC Building (see the campus map)
Telephone: 925-685-1230 or 925-969-2140 Fax: 925-687-2097
Contact information: Dean, supervisor and department chairs
Steps to Enroll for new/transfer/returning students
- Transfer/returning students fill out the Transfer Orientation form, send it to the Admissions and Records Office for SUMMER enrollment only.
- Transfer/returning students sign up for Assessment math, English, chemistry (if needed)
- Transfer/returning students fill out prerequisite form and turn in transcripts the
Admissions and Records Office (if needed)
- Transfer/returning students meet with a counselor (drop-in sessions/30 minute counseling
appointments). Official transcripts must be on file in the Admissions and Records
Office before scheduling an evaluation appointment.
Meet with a Counselor: DVC counselors are available for appointments and "express counseling sessions". In
the "express drop-in sessions" (15 minutes) counselors will not have access to transcripts
or be able to write an education plan.
Spring counseling appointments are for;
- college students who are enrolled in spring classes at DVC
- dismissed students - returning to DVC
- financial aid students who need a Maximum Time Frame appointment
- new transfer students (please send your official college transcripts to the DVC Admissions
and Records Office before requesting an appointment)
- returning DVC students
- veterans and dependents
Appointments: students may come in-person, use ESARS (schedule your counseling appointment online), or call our office 925-969-2140.
Counseling Center SPRING hours at the Pleasant Hill Campus
Scheduling an appointment
- opportunities to create an educational plan or a "road map" for your academic or career
- opportunities discuss with a counselor issues or concerns that you may have about
a difficult class.
- opportunities to check your status if you are pursuing an AA/AS degree, certificate
or transferring to another college.
- opportunities to request an evaluation of your transcripts from other colleges.
- If you have attended other colleges/universities, make sure that those official transcripts
are on file at the DVC Admission and Records Office before your contact the Counseling
- opportunities to discuss with a counselor personal issues that are having an effect
on your studies at DVC.
- opportunities to discuss career pathways.
Tools to help answer your questions
The Counseling Department has a list of frequently asked questions to help you get
immediate help. In addition, we have a library of instructional videos for you to
Video Library page
Resources for students
The Counseling Department has a list of helpful resources including links to our Confidential
Assistance Program and off campus mental health resources, Student Services on campus,
and AB 540 information.
E-Advisor and Skype Counseling
If you haven't found the answer to your question from our FAQ page, you can email
us to have a question answered. The Counseling Department has also setup a Skype account to be able to answer questions
ESARS - online counseling appointment program
All contacts are confidential in compliance with Federal and State law. Confidentiality
may not apply if a person presents an imminent danger to self or others or in the
case of child, elder, or dependent adult abuse.